Re: Another of the PESM Old Guard...

24 Set 2014, 14:15 [#4]
Welcome Sion.
Any doubt just ask.
If it's something special you can ask the community here or send a private message to the admins through here: http://www.dtlportugal.com/forum/ucp.ph ... ompose&g=5

I'll share what I answered to Marco Veddi through Facebook.
Normally the player can choose its position, specially in the pre-season, when the teams are still creating the squad. But since the (alpha) patch was launched this weekend and every team has at least 1 user as a striker (I think), you may be better choosing an open position on the 11.
But that's an option you have to make. Maybe the team can let you be a striker, but you wouldn't always play (rotation with the other striker). Or maybe you're in luck and the team plays with 2 strikers.

You might also know from experience that the striker position is always one of the most requested. That's why it might not be the best choice if you want to play every game (or almost every game).

About the team, the same. Maybe you would be better in a team with less users. But if you have any preference (Team colors, mascot...) is up to you to contact its President, Vice-President or Manager (Treinador).
(Hint: In the end of the forum index page there is the icons of the team logos. These are links to its members.)

This might be relevant: Due to the lack of players to create 4 teams with 11 players (more some substitutes), this is our first season with bots. We increased the number of teams back to 6, and we let the teams choose the bot names.
Imagem

24 Set 2014, 21:35 [#13]
Marco Veddi Escreveu:A new player has entered the game!!!!

Sure have Bro. Just hope I can remember how to lace my digital boots up..... :geek:
SMatos Escreveu:Another foreign, xD and another United fan! xD
Welcome, Sion, and good luck!
My team is Porto, but in England I support Spurs xD
Thanks, Yeah I'm a Celtic Fan first and foremost so we will get on after you robbed us back in 2003 haha.

My Teams go Celtic/Man Utd/Real Madrid (Well until Ronnie comes home)/Persepolis (Long Story).
pdomingues Escreveu:Welcome Sion ;)
I also played in "The Order".
With so many foreign players, who knows in the future maybe we can create some new teams, only with old PesManiacs players :)
You did? I Think I may have been before your time though. I played in the DTL Seasons 3-5. I managed The Order to a Supercup & League Double in my 1st full season. No interest in management now though. This is like my 'Twilight, join the MLS' years :dança:
Imagem

24 Set 2014, 22:00 [#14]
Sion Escreveu:Thanks, Yeah I'm a Celtic Fan first and foremost so we will get on after you robbed us back in 2003 haha.
The UEFA Cup final could have been an Oporto derby, but you guys had to ruin it.
Damn Larsson with his late goal.

But we just had to wait 8 years to have a portuguese final (FC Porto 1 - 0 SC Braga in 2011). :D
Imagem

24 Set 2014, 22:14 [#15]
eduardextreme Escreveu:
Sion Escreveu:Thanks, Yeah I'm a Celtic Fan first and foremost so we will get on after you robbed us back in 2003 haha.
The UEFA Cup final could have been an Oporto derby, but you guys had to ruin it.
Damn Larsson with his late goal.

But we just had to wait 8 years to have a portuguese final (FC Porto 1 - 0 SC Braga in 2011). :D

Haha, yeah Braga hung us out to dry that year too :'(
Imagem