A New Direction

15 Nov 2014, 11:22 [#1]
A New Direction

It certainly has been a dramatic week for change at GD Tigres. We have seen Players and Board members leave, and new players join. Marco Veddi was appointed as club Manager after only a few weeks in Portugal, and immediately moved to appoint new signing, Jamaicano as Assistant Manager.
But more astonishing was the news that Veddi has named his old nemesis, Sion as club Captain. So with just a little over 24 hours until the new look Tigres take to the field, we caught up with Sion to hear his take on this ‘New Direction’.

Reporter: Firstly, let me offer my congratulations Sion. Or should I call you ‘Captain Sion’.

Sion: Thanks. But as ever, Sion will do fine.

Reporter: Well this week has been very interesting and we have seen many changes. What is your take on the events that have rolled out this week?

Sion: Well it didn’t come as much of a surprise to me. We could see the club President had lost interest, and was not providing any guidance to the team at all. It fell at the feet of SMatos who was left on his own to pick up the pieces. Personally I think it was far too much to ask of the lad.

Reporter: With that in mind, SMatos has appointed Marco Veddi as Manager. We know that Veddi was your apprentice back at The Order. Is this not a job you yourself would have been suited to?

Sion: Well I can reveal that I was asked to join the Management team, but I chose to decline the offer. I have done it all, and won it all as a manager. I have no interest in this now.

Reporter: You turned it down. Is this a statement as to your intent with regards to remaining a GD Tigres player?

Sion: Read in to it how you will. At this time I am 100% committed to GD Tigres.

Reporter: But are you saying that this could change?

Sion: Look, Who knows what tomorrow will bring us. Did I turn down the job because I want to leave? The answer is no. Veddi has an itch to scratch, and I say let him scratch it. In my opinion he is the man for the job, and he has my full support.

Reporter: You both seem to have grown as individuals, and really are letting the past stay in the past. Is this why he has appointed you as Captain, and why you accepted?

Sion: I am captain because Marco trusts me. We have a mutual respect for each other and he listens to me. It’s not a simple job managing a football club, and Veddi has his work cut out for him. Veddi knows my tactical knowledge and player development is second to none. He knows that he can rely on me to work on the team while he tends to club duties.

Reporter: Well we are certainly excited to see how this pans out. Your first game since the new appointments is tomorrow against Tridente. Veddi firmly believes that Tigres has what it takes to take all 3 points tomorrow. Do you share his confidence?

Sion: I wouldn’t be doing my job right if I didn’t think we could win. We have worked tirelessly to get the right formula for tomorrow. We have new exciting players spread across the field, and I do think we have done enough to get the winning goal tomorrow, and more.

Reporter: Well we wish you all the best of luck for tomorrow. One last question. We spoke with Marco Veddi, and he talked about the increase of international status since joining the club. So Who’s pulling the numbers here?

Sion: *Laughing* Yes I caught that in his interview. Like there is any doubt who the brightest star is in this sky. Let me clear up some confusion though. Marco lives for the lime light, he is drawn to it like a moth to a flame. TV shows, Movies and that god awful pantomime he was in last Christmas. It nourishes him and he starves when he is out of it. Me, I keep my head down as much as is possible when you are a sports personality. I concentrate my efforts on the game and my brand. I let SionVision© do most of my talking.

Reporter: Really? But you are constantly on the headlines.

Sion: Well, I said I don’t love the lime light. But the lime light loves me. Nothing I can do about that. Thank you and goodnight.

*Room laughs as Sion leaves*
Imagem

Re: A New Direction

15 Nov 2014, 12:16 [#2]
I don't see any problem about refusing a job. Every veteran DTL player did that at some point. It's up to us to see if we are motivated and to seek a job that suits our qualities.

Normally new players want those jobs to have a new experience and to seek more power and fame, but when you get that for free because people have confidence in you, that gets lost, and you can start doing things because you like doing them.

Hope I can see you do what a captain must do, lift the morale of the team. I can see you and Marco are well motivated, the rest of the team must also drink that water. ;)
Veddi has an itch to scratch, and I say let him scratch it.
Please don't. xD
Imagem

Re: A New Direction

15 Nov 2014, 12:36 [#3]
eduardextreme Escreveu:I don't see any problem about refusing a job. Every veteran DTL player did that at some point. It's up to us to see if we are motivated and to seek a job that suits our qualities.

Normally new players want those jobs to have a new experience and to seek more power and fame, but when you get that for free because people have confidence in you, that gets lost, and you can start doing things because you like doing them.

Hope I can see you do what a captain must do, lift the morale of the team. I can see you and Marco are well motivated, the rest of the team must also drink that water. ;)
Veddi has an itch to scratch, and I say let him scratch it.
Please don't. xD

Haha, he can scratch, but when he sniffs his fingers afterwards, I'm going home!!! -.-
Imagem